New River is named after the seasonal wash of the same name, part of the Agua Fria River system which drains into the Salt River. It was founded by Lord Darrell Duppa in 1868 as a stagecoach stop. For many years it was the terminus of the old Black Canyon Highway (now Interstate 17). The pavement ended in New River and continued as a dirt road to the city of Prescott.
Homes here range in size and build type, but most properties are on 1+acre lots and offer horse rights.
All information should be verified by the recipient and none is guaranteed as accurate by ARMLS. Copyright 2020 Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.