3 Fatal Real Estate Mistakes to Avoid
Hiring An Agent - Hiring the Wrong Agent
- Lack of knowledge/experience: The VAST MAJORITY OF LICENSED agents lack any real experience buying and selling properties. It is ironic that such an important decision with so many financial ramifications can be left to change, but it is. Hiring a professional is absolutely IMPERATIVE.
- Lack of partnership and goal discussion: An agent should be able to go back to any of his/her past clients and be able to comfortable discuss how their investments are going. If goals were never discussed, and the market isn't performing, there is a disconnect and the owner is back to square one in finding a quality resource who can keep an eye out for them and their investments.
Not Having a Plan - Buying a property without a plan
- The Future is now: The biggest mistakes are made when the plan relies on something happening in future to make the investment work. A solid plan will allow for modest growth and cash flow with minimal amount of risk in the long run.
- Fairing to act with urgency: Because most people do not have a plan, they continue to wait and wait and wait for the perfect property. They wait so long they often miss out on all of the deals and have to settle. They may spend more money and miss out on income or appreciation that is happening at that point.
- Ge answers: Everyone has questions, yet very few pursue the answers. Because we have come so far with technology nearly everything we need ti know is quickly accessible. At a time when so much is available, many still make the mistake of being uninformed. Information gives you options, and options give you power to make the best decision.
- Stay informed: Much like a medical doctor, most households need a Real Estate Resource. Without this, small changes both good and bad in the real estate would go unnoticed. A good relationship between owner and agent will grow through the years and allow the owner to continually evaluate whether his plan is working or if it needs adjustment.
Chad walked into a tough situation with the listing of my home and I was extremely impressed with his ability to handle the situation and get the house sold timely. He is honest, operates with integrity and is good to his word. I would highly recommend his services!
We couldn't be happier with the job Chad did for us in selling our home in Amber Hills, North Phoenix, Arizona. We were very impressed with Chad's knowledge of Phoenix & our specific area. He has the process down pat for selling a home..FAST. He was always responsive to our calls/texts/emails. He handled ALL paperwork, scheduling & negotiations in our behalf & we were Very pleased. We felt "taken care of" & trusted his judgement & expertise regarding All aspects of Selling our home. If we ever make the move back to Phoenix...Chad will be our person to help us Buy a home.
Do yourself a BIG favor & call Chad Arend if you are in the market to Buy or Sell a home in the Phoenix area. You won't be Sorry.
My husband & I are completely satisfied with how Chad handled the sell of our home in Phoenix & recommend him Highly.
At the beginning of our house selling journey, Chad explained in detail what he & his team would be providing to market & sell our home as soon as possible. His knowlege & expertise of the area; along with the over all market allowed us to make great decisions.
Chad was accessable..no waiting around for a return call or text.
The service & quality was above & beyond anything we have experienced during past home sells. His expertise & timely execution of all facits of selling our home really allowed us not to worry so much...He truly handled it!
We highly recommend Chad Arend for ALL your home buying/selling needs! You won't be sorry.
Our experience with Chad was outstanding. I truly believe he makes his peers in the business look bad because of how good he is. Chad kept us in the loop every step of the way, including when things got tough. He is extremely knowledgeable to the point of assisting the other agent involved in the sale of our home on how to process some of the paperwork. Chad was able to sell our house and purchase a new home simultaneously, in fact, everything went so smooth they even offered to close early on both homes. I HIGHLY recommend him.
My experience working with Chad can be explained in one word: adaptable. When we started working with Chad we were in no rush to sell our home. Chad is extremely knowledgeable about the North Gateway 85085 area and I am confident he is the best agent to work with in North Gateway. Chad laid out and implemented a successful marketing plan in order to sell our home at the highest possible price.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we threw Chad a curveball as we needed to sell the home as soon as possible. We gave Chad notice that we needed to be under contract. Chad adapted to this change and was able to get us not one, but two offers by that weekend.
We were very impressed with Chad's flexibility. He also communicated throughout the process better than we expected.
I would recommend him to anyone looking to sell a home in North Phoenix.
Chad has helped us both purchase and sell a home. He is always very professional and knowledgeable. He makes the process as simple as possible for his clients, and we trust the insight and guidance he provides. Thank you so much to Chad and his team for the wonderful experience!
I had the pleasure of working with Chad on both the sale of my first home, and the purchase of my next. When I listed my first home, it sat stale on the market for over six months as my first agent did not market the property well. By this point, seeing all of the other homes selling in a matter of weeks, I became frustrated and looked for a new agent. This is when I found Chad. Or rather, he found me. From the time I signed the contract, it took about a week to get the house on the MLS again. This gave Chad time to generate interest. He had the house listed on a Friday, an open house that Saturday and a full price offer in the works by the end of that first week. I was absolutely shocked.
When it came time to buy my next house, it was a no brainer. My agent could only be Chad Arend. I found the perfect house online. It is a cute, red brick ranch from the 40’s. Huge, grass yard and built-ins all over. We did a walk through and made an offer that night. Chad made sure everything went smoothly, negotiating on my behalf, bringing up all of the right points, that I wouldn’t have necessarily known to bring up. He made hard negotiations seem simple and ended up getting over 6% off of the original asking price.
Chad is professional and personable. I will definitely utilize his services again in the future.